Veggie Egg Cups
Good Morning and Happy Friday!!
This morning I am writing to you with a big coffee cup in my hand, we went to opening day yesterday because the Redsox were playing in Tampa Bay (and the fiancé LOVES the redsox) so we took a fun little day trip down to Tampa... so I am sleepy to say the least.
Anyway!! The recipe I have for you today is Veggie Egg Cups. These are delicious and super simple to make. Just a little bit of chopping and baking in the oven. These are also totally customizable, so if your kids online like onions and mushrooms or broccoli and cheese you could always just throw in whatever they like! My only suggestion is make sure they are chopped finely or they won't cook! :)
In mine, I put A LOT of veggies, I like the extra fiber in the morning because it keeps me full for longer. I serve this with a some fruit on the side. I did a banana and almond butter and it was very satisfying!! This is also a great snack if you need something quick and not cold!
Veggie Egg Cups
Nutrients: 90 Calories, 5.4g fat, 2.5g carbohydrates, and 7.7g fat. Serving size: 2 cups
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 large tomato
1 medium bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped spinach
3 tablespoons of water
3 tsp of Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
1 tsp of salt
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- spray muffin tin with olive oil spray
- chop all veggies, finely
- add veggies to muffin tin as you go
- mix 9 eggs and 3 tablespoons of water*
- mix seasonings into eggs**
- add eggs evenly to muffin tin
- stir in muffin tin to mix ingredients
- add a little bit of garlic and herb seasoning to the top
- bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes, check periodically and once the egg sets take it out
*I add water to spread the eggs a little more, you can't notice the taste but you could also do egg whites
**this seasoning is delicious but strong, so add as you like!